After a good workout, you need to boost your energy and help your muscles recover with high protein snacks. Here are 10 easy, go-to snacks you can throw in your gym bag:
1. Apple slices with nut butter
– Pick your favorite nut butter (peanut, almond, hazelnut, etc.)
– These are packed with fats that are good for you, protein, fiber, and a ton of vitamins
– Looking for something different? Try pumpkin seeds, they’re packed with protein – 14 grams in ½ cup!
3. Veggies and hummus
– Stick it in a jar for easy travel
4. Greek yogurt and fresh fruit
5. Cottage cheese and fresh fruit
6. Hard boiled eggs
7. Deli meat and cheese
– You can throw in some tomato, lettuce and cucumber if you want a mini-sandwich
8. Overnight Choco-Oats
– Sounds like a dessert, right? The night before a workout, mix ½ cup oats, 1 cup non-dairy milk, 3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder, and a handful of walnuts until well combined. Put in the fridge overnight, or up to a few days. If it’s not sweet enough, add ½ of a mashed banana.
9. Chocolate Milk
– No seriously. Studies show that chocolate milk has the perfect mix of protein and carbohydrates for a post workout drink. A low-fat option without loads of extra sugar is what you should be searching for. These studies also showed that athletes had an increase in recovery time, muscle gain and fat burned.
10. Protein shake with fresh fruit (or veggies) and your favorite protein powder
– Endless amount of delicious combinations
– Berries with vanilla protein
– Banana with chocolate protein and nut butter
– Spinach with pineapple, banana, and vanilla protein
– Don’t have time to make your own? Stop by our juice bar on your way out!