Click to sign up! Just click the services button at the top right-hand side of the screen after you click here.
Want to win some great prizes just for working out and eating healthy? Want to cut some pounds or see how your body will change if you dedicate a month to clean eating and consistent workouts? Want an awesome free t-shirt? Then participate in our gym-wide challenge from September 18 through October 15.
The purpose of this challenge is to provide you with the motivation, education, tools, and knowledge to help in your journey toward building a “better you”. Whether you are a professional athlete or someone that has never set foot in a gym, it is proven that eating real, whole foods has helped change millions of lives. During the Core Fitness Better You Challenge, you will learn how to fuel your body by consuming whole foods and eliminating processed foods through an easy to follow meal plan. This meal plan is meant to be a guide, and by no means is mandatory. You may choose to follow your own plan. We believe that this program will aid in the practice of better dietary patterns and an awareness of the “fuel” you put in your body, resulting in a Better You!
In addition to the nutritional guidelines, this program will also include some friendly competition in the form of weekly workouts and challenges in order to motivate you to become part of a community of people with common health interests (and win some cool prizes).
Who? We invite all members of Core Fitness Club, CrossFit Up Dog, and ANYONE in the surrounding community to get involved (BRING A FRIEND) – in fact, sign up with a friend, we will even give you EACH $5.00 off the entry fee of the challenge!
What? A 28-day challenge including an easy to follow meal plan and weekly fitness challenges to develop a consistently healthier lifestyle.
Where? Right where you stand. We encourage you to workout with others involved in the challenge as well as have “rest day” or “treat meals” in the comfort of your own home or with other participants. The goal is not to see immediate change, but to develop consistency in your eating and fitness habits. We will kick off the event at Core Fitness Club located at 1141 Robert Grissom Parkway.
When? We will host a Potluck dinner and recipe exchange at Core Fitness Club at 4pm on Saturday, September 17, 2016. This will be an opportunity for all participants to sample some healthy recipes to make for themselves during their challenge. The Challenge will start on Sunday, September 18th and end on Saturday, October 15th with a celebration for all participants.
What will I need? We will supply you with your weekly challenges and grocery list. You will simply need access to a computer to track your meals, and gas to get to the grocery store!
How to participate? Complete these steps by Thursday, September 15, 2016 to be eligible for prizes:
- Download the “Core Fitness Club” app on your mobile device or visit www.gotcore.com to access MindBody Online. Here you will log in to your existing account or create a new one (non-members) and purchase the “Better Your Challenge” package for $30. You can also sign-up in person at Core Fitness Club.
- Join us for a Pot Luck dinner and recipe exchange at which we will also do a live demonstration of the point tracker you will be using.
- Take your own personal “before” photos. These are for you. If you choose to share at the end of the challenge, that is your choice.
- Record starting weight and measurements.
- Perform the BASELINE workout at the beginning of the first week and record your time.
- Track your daily points on the spreadsheet given based on your compliance with the challenge guidelines.
- Optional: Complete additional daily challenges for bonus points and track daily.
See meal plan for food and beverage guidelines.
Your food points are earned as follows:
- 3 points= CLEAN EATING ALL DAY- including lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. This means that you avoided all processed foods and refined sugars.
- 1 point = 1 off plan meal- you had a sweet with one meal or a soda, cocktail, candy, etc.
- -3 points = More than 1 off plan meal.
Bonus Points are awarded for:
- Getting 7+ hours of sleep any given day. Developing a consistent sleep schedule actually has a positive effect on your overall health and wellness and even aid in weight loss goals.
- Active Recovery time of 15+ minutes. Take the time for mobility work on a foam roller or lacrosse ball, get a massage, take a yoga class, and earn bonus points!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink 0.5 ounces of water per pound of bodyweight or at least 64 oz. daily. (e.g. – 150 lbs. = 75 ounces of water per day)
- Workout! Eating healthy is one thing, but you need to consistently workout as well. Each day’s workout counts for a bonus point.
*Any referrals you bring during the challenge will get you $10 in CORE BUCKS*
Weekly Challenges: To qualify for prizes, you must have at least 38 of the 54 points possible for your meal tracker.
Week 1 Prize: At least 38 points + Completion of Baseline workout + 3 Facebook check-ins at Core Fitness Club or CrossFit Up Dog
Week 2 Prize: At least 38 points + Try a new class or sign-in AND attend 4 classes this week
Week 3 Prize: At least 38 points + take a picture with someone new that you have met either at the gym or through the challenge, tag them, and post to Facebook pages. Also whoever shares the most posts about the challenge that week will win a prize as well
Week 4: At least 38 points + completion of Baseline workout + online review of the challenge
Weekly workout challenges will be released each week online and posted at the gym.
Baseline Workout (modifications permitted. Just ask one of the trainers!)
FOR TIME complete
25 cal row, 40 sit-ups, 30 air squats, 20 push-ups, 10 pull-ups